(Live or Self Guided)
Sign up below to be notified when the enrollment is available and receive 15% off the cost of the workshop.
For more than a decade, successful leaders and managers haven’t been defined by their IQ or technical skills but by the soft skills that are hard to master – an ability to communicate, coach, provide feedback, empower, inspire, collaborate, manage stress, and more. When leaders struggle or stumble, it is most often because of one simple, fatal shortcoming – their emotional Intelligence.
Having a high level of emotional Intelligence enhances a leader’s ability to interact effectively with others, be attuned to others’ needs, and respond effectively to those needs. And this directly impacts staff satisfaction:
- 61% of people with highly empathic senior leaders report often or always being innovative at work compared to only 13% of people with less empathic senior leaders
- Managers’ behaviors – such as communication and empathy – account for up to 70% of variance in levels of employee engagement.
The Emotional Intelligence of your organization’s leaders also dramatically affects your bottom line.
- Revenue – Teams headed by leaders with well developed emotional Intelligence outperformed other teams by 15-20% on yearly revenue targets. Executives who possess higher Empathy, Self-Regard, Reality Testing, and Problem Solving are likelier to head companies earning high profits.
- Retention – Employees who had managers with high Emotional Intelligence were four times less likely to leave than those who worked with managers with low Emotional Intelligence.
- Performance – Executives who lacked emotional Intelligence were rarely rated as outstanding in their performance reviews, and their teams underperformed by an average of 20%.
The good news is emotional Intelligence is malleable and can be grown simply by identifying areas to develop and then engaging in activities to grow one or more areas of emotional Intelligence.
In 2023 h3 is launching the Emotionally Intelligent Leader Workshop. Attendees can attend a live online session or opt for a self-guided online course.
Attendees will take and receive their EQ-I 2.0® Workplace Report. This report provides a rating of their current use of 15 EQ skills, their impact on their work, emotional and social functioning, well-being, and tips for developing emotional Intelligence. Adding an additional lens, their scores are benchmarked against the most effective leaders.
Through a variety of individual activities, this workshop directly connects emotional Intelligence, effective leadership, and derailing behaviors by:
- Increasing participants’ understanding of how emotional intelligence behaviors map onto transformational leadership.
- Helping leaders identify strengths and areas of their emotional intelligence profile that they can develop further.
- We are working with the EQ Leadership Report to create realistic action plans for becoming a more effective leader.
Not only will participants learn about their EQ score, they will apply what they have learned in the workshop by creating a personal development plan. And those wanting to grow even more or need additional support can easily transition from this course to working one-on-one with a leadership coach.
Complete the form below to receive a sample EQ report, your 15% discount confirmation, and be notified when registration opens.